Monday 29 August 2011

Good old Park Bench... My First Blog :-)


Today, I inquired a friend of mine about her vacation and asked her to share the pictures, she asked if I was her friend on Facebook, I was surprised to see myself respond back asking if I was her friend (out of Facebook) her response was 'yes I think so'. 

It made me think consciously (most of the time I feel our subconscious mind makes all our decisions for us :-)) about the people around me who are so focused on social networking sites, 

Are we really interested in our 350+ friends? 
Can we not close a single day without sharing our status? 
Can we not take a picture without thinking if it could be our next profile picture? 
Are we losing the ability to make friends in the physical world? 
Are we slowly but steadily losing interest in the people physically present around us? 
How can a loved one compete for attention while we get likes, Pokes, messages from 300 odd people whom we never meet?

I have a few hundred friends in my Facebook account, I don't remember how it grew but I surely feel a nudge inside when I see 300+ updates everyday be it in the morning or in the evening makes me wonder what will happen to the good old park bench.

P.S. Ironically I had to publish this in Facebook ;-)

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pradeep ... you have to wake up atleast reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nalla erukku krishna, kaetta question yellam saattaiyadi, but unga kuttathulaiya oru karrupu aadu vaellaiya erukku :)

    ReplyDelete